FOM: two conferences in Turkey

Stephen G Simpson simpson at math.psu.edu
Thu Jan 11 12:58:45 EST 2001

 From: "Hamkins, Joel" <JHamkins at gc.cuny.edu>
 Subject: Two Conferences in Turkey: Model Theory in March, Logic & Algebra in May
 Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:39:20 -0500

 ========
 Please direct inquiries to Yi Zhang, Istanbul Bilgi University, Turkey,
 zhang at bilgi.edu.tr
 ========

 Model Theory Workshop

 An International Conference at
 Istanbul Bilgi University
 Istanbul, Turkey

 We are pleased to announce an international conference which will take place
 at Istanbul Bilgi University,  Istanbul, Turkey, on 24th March, 2001. The
 first talk will start at 9:30am. The topics of conference include recent
 development of various aspects of model theory.

 Invited Speakers:

 Rami Grossberg,
 Carnegie-Mellon University, USA

 Ahmet-Tuna Altinel,
 Universite de Lyon, France

 Andrey Bovykin,
 Institute Mittag-Leffler, Sweden and Istanbul Bilgi University, Turkey

 Wilfrid Hodges
 Queen Marry and Westfield College, University of London, UK

 Organizing Committee:
 Oleg Belegradek, Istanbul Bilgi University, Turkey, olegb at bilgi.edu.tr
 Ali Nesin, Istanbul Bilgi University, Turkey, anesin at bilgi.edu.tr
 Alev Topuzoglu, Sabanci University, Turkey, alev at sabanciuniv.edu
 Yi Zhang (Chair), Istanbul Bilgi University, Turkey, zhang at bilgi.edu.tr

 ========

 Logic and Algebra

 An International Conference at
 Istanbul Bilgi University
 Istanbul, Turkey

 We are pleased to announce that the 2nd annual international conference on
 logic and algebra which will take place at Istanbul Bilgi University,
 Istanbul, Turkey, on 26th and 27th of May, 2001. The first talk will start at
 9:30am.

 The topics of the conference include set theory, model theory and their
 application to algebra.

 Invited Speakers:

 Arthur Apter (City University of New York, USA)
 Andreas Blass (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA)
 John Baldwin (University of Illinois at Chicago, USA)
 Oleg Belegradek (Istanbul Bilgi University, Turkey)
 Joerg Brendle (Graduate Center, Kobe University, Japan)
 Joel David Hamkins (City University of New York, USA)
 Juliett Kennedy (University of Helsinki, Finland)
 Simon Thomas (Rutgers University, USA)
 Vladimir Tolstykh (Kemerovo State University, Russia)
 Jouko Vaananen (University of Helsinki, Finland)

 Organizing Committee:
 Ali Nesin, Istanbul Bilgi University, Turkey, anesin at bilgi.edu.tr
 Alev Topuzoglu, Sabanci University, Turkey, alev at sabanciuniv.edu
 Yi Zhang(Chair), Istanbul Bilgi University, Turkey, zhang at bilgi.edu.tr