FOM: Midwest Model Theory Meeting

Stephen G Simpson simpson at math.psu.edu
Tue Sep 5 11:23:17 EDT 2000

 From: Patrick Speissegger <speisseg at math.wisc.edu>
 Subject: MWMT'00
 Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 08:37:29 -0500

 ANNOUNCEMENT, MWMT '00  (9/5/00)

 The 2000 Midwest Model Theory Meeting meeting will be held on the
 weekend of November 11-12, 2000 at the Department of Mathematics,
 University of Wisconsin,
 Madison.  (And no, there will not be a special millennial celebration.)

 Organizer:   Patrick Speissegger

 Speakers so far include (more to come):

 Matthias Aschenbrenner, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
 Shawn Hedman, University of Maryland, College Park
 Byunghan Kim, MIT, Boston
 Rahim Moosa, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
 Jean-Philippe Rolin, Universite de Bourgogne, Dijon, France

 We have a small number of travel grants available for graduate students
 who wish to come to the conference but cannot find funding elsewhere.
 To apply for such a grant, please  contact me directly at
 speisseg at math.wisc.edu.

 Two blocks of rooms are being held for the nights of Friday, November 10
 and Saturday, November 11 at the following hotels:

 Lowell Hall
 610 Langdon Street
 MADISON, WI 53706
 Phone: (608) 256-2621

 and

 Madison Inn
 601 Langdon Street
 MADISON, WI 53703
 Phone: (608) 257-4391.

 Both hotels are at a comfortable 10-15 min. walk from the math
 department.  The rates at both hotels are $52/single and $62/double. The
 rooms will be held at these rates until October 10, so please make your
 reservations before that date.  When making a reservation, mention
 the Midwest Model Theory Meeting and the UW Math Department.  Or,  email
 me the relevant data (including smoking or nonsmoking) and I'll
 make the reservation for you.  (Reservations for invited speakers and
 supported graduate students will be taken care of by me.)

 Maps, visitor information and driving directions are available at
 Steffen Lempp's homepage
 http://kleene.math.wisc.edu/~lempp/main.html#info.

 Further announcements will be forthcoming.  You can also get this
 information from the web at
 http://www.math.wisc.edu/~speisseg/MWMT.html.

 Patrick Speissegger

 P.S.:  Please feel free to forward this message to anybody you think
 might be interested!