FOM: priority arguments in differential geometry?

Stephen G Simpson simpson at math.psu.edu
Thu Jul 13 19:44:18 EDT 2000

I thank Soare for his informative message (posted by Martin Davis, 11
July 2000) concerning recursion-theoretic results and methods related
to recent work of Nabutovsky and Weinberger in differential geometry.

I have some technical/methodological questions about Soare's posting.
However, two members of the FOM Editorial Board have prevailed on me
not to present my questions here on FOM, because according to them,
the issues are not of interest to most FOM readers.

Therefore, I will place my questions on a separate web page:
http://www.math.psu.edu/simpson/notfom/.

Best wishes to all,
-- Steve