FOM: Georg Kreisel

Emre Domanic emredomanic at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 7 02:31:05 EDT 2000

Would anyone like to comment on the philosophical and
mathematical influence of Georg Kreisel --- both via
his work and via his personality?

I (a lowly student) have been spending the last few
days of my summer holiday reading his papers. I am
fascinated by the clarity and subtlety of Kresiel's
mind and the literary style of his prose, but at the
same time surprized by the angry and vindictive tone
which sometimes appears.

Many of you know Kreisel in person and several have
collaborated with him. Perhaps you can shed some light
on this charming character...

Emre Domanic
Ephesus, Turkey