FOM: Concerning the inquiry of Steve Stevenson
Prof. dr. D. van Dalen
Dirk.vanDalen at phil.uu.nl
Wed Jul 14 18:11:49 EDT 1999
Brouwer's philosophy of mathematics is really part of his overall
philosophy, which was expounded in his Vienna lectures and in the big post
war lecture "Consciousness, Philosophy and Mathematics".
I have tried to give a concise version of it in a couple of lectures and papers:
- D. van Dalen, "L.E.J. Brouwer's Intuitionism: a revolution in two
installments". Proceedings Thirteenth Annual IEEE Symposium on Logic in
Computer Science. June 21-24, Indianapolis, IEEE Computer Science
- D. van Dalen. The Development of Brouwer's Intuitionism. The Roskilde
Conference on the History of proof Theory. forthcoming 1999, Kluwer.
- D. van Dalen. Mystic, Geometer, and Intuitionist: The Life of L.E.J.
Brouwer. The dawning Revolution. Oxford University Press. 1999. vol. I
- D. van Dalen. The Intuitionistic Conception of Logic (Ed. A.C. Varzi.
European Review of Philosophy, 4, 1999, 45--78.)
- D. van Dalen, D. van. From a Brouwerian Point of View. Philosophia
Mathematica, 6, 1998, 209--226.
Prof . Dr. D. van Dalen
Department of Philosophy
P.O. Box 80.126
3508 TC Utrecht The Netherlands
tel. 030-2531834, fax 030-2532816
More information about the FOM