FOM: Kripke models

Schalekamp, Hendrik J. carnun at maths.uct.ac.za
Fri Apr 23 08:58:52 EDT 1999

As far as I know given a Logic L the Kripke models for that logic
is of the form <U,R,V>, with U the so-called "worlds".  R a relation or
a set of relations on U, viewed as "accessibility relations". V a map from
UxP to 2 (true/false) with P the set of atomic propositions in L, where V
is viewed as a "valuation at a world". I just want to ask you 2 questions:

1. What is the standard/original reference to Kripke models (and do
you have an electronic version of it for me)? It seems that these models
actually originally arise from Carnap and Prior.
2. Do Kripke models exist in a more general sense, meaning that you
don't need to refer to a logic? The definition of V relies
explicitely on the logic L.

Regards
- Carnun, Son of Danu -

))>   Fast Email:      carnun at maths.uct.ac.za
)>   Permanent Email: carnun at bigfoot.com
))))>   URL: http://www.deathsdoor.com/carnun/

"A day without sunshine is like... night" - Anon

"I think therefore I am, is a statement of an
intellectual who underrates toothaches."
 - Milan Kundera (Immortality)