FOM: Re: foundationalism (fwd)

Reuben Hersh rhersh at math.math.unm.edu
Sat Sep 26 01:00:09 EDT 1998

THANKS, MARTIN, FOR YOUR THOUGHTFUL CRITIQUE.

i THINK IT'S ONLY FAIR FOR ME TO CRITICIZE YOUR CRITIQUE.  I WILL HAVE TO
MAKE REFERENCE TO "THE MATHEMATICAL EXPERIENCE" AND "WHAT IS MATHEMATICS,
REALLY?"  I DON'T KNOW IF YOU HAVE THE FIRST, BUT I KNOW FOR SURE YOU
HAVE THE SECOND, AND HAVE EVEN READ IT.

IN BETWEEN QUOTES FROM MY LETTER ABD YOUR CRITICISM, I WILL PLACE MY
CRITICISM OF YOUR CRITIQUE IN ALL CAPS, FOR CLARITY.