FOM: Soare and complexity theory ...

Stephen G Simpson simpson at math.psu.edu
Thu Sep 17 17:24:32 EDT 1998

John Case in 15 Sep 1998 12:30:55 pointed out that Soare himself has
published some papers related to, I guess, Blum-style computational
complexity theory.  And Steve Fenner in 10 Sep 1998 09:19:06 made some
useful comments.  I must certainly retract my conjecture in 9 Sep 1998
22:59:17 to the effect that there is no meaningful interaction between
recursion theorists and complexity theorists.

Later I want to return to the recursion theory thread, but right now
I'm too preoccupied with the mathematical incompleteness thread and
the quasi-empiricism thread.

-- Steve