FOM: Friedman's result

wtait@ix.netcom.com wtait at ix.netcom.com
Mon Mar 16 10:21:42 EST 1998

Neil Tennant wrote
>So one
>should perhaps have a copy of Kanamori's book "The Higher Infinite" on
>hand for future installments, as independence is proved from cardinals
>of even dizzier heights.
Since the context is Harvey Friedman's work, I should mention that
Kanamori's book does not contain a treatment of subtle or ineffable
cardinals. However, they are treated very well in Kanamori and Madigor,
``The evolution of large cardinal axioms in set theory'' in G. Mueller
and D. Scott (ed) _Higher Set Theory: Lecture Notes in Mathematics_ #669.

Bill Tait