FOM: Friedman's independence results, an epochal f.o.m. advance

Torkel Franzen torkel at sm.luth.se
Sun Mar 15 03:41:41 EST 1998

  Harvey Friedman says:

  >I suggest that it is more reasonable for you to be asking questions rather
  >than telling us about how complicated you find something, or how perplexed
  >you are, or how perplexed you are that anybody would not be perplexed, or
  >making judgments as to what is needed to convince people, or when what
  >should be characterized in what way.

  Yes, I know that you would prefer this. Also, I have no doubt that
combinatorists are thrilled by your results. But you underestimate
what is needed to actually establish work in foundations as being of
"general intellectual interest".

  I'm sorry that you did not think my observation regarding Cardinal
Granvelle significant.

---
Torkel Franzen