FOM: "Kreiseliana"

Solomon Feferman sf at Csli.Stanford.EDU
Mon Mar 2 16:00:21 EST 1998

  I should have added a PS to my preceding posting.  I recommend the
volume "Kreiseliana" highly.  It  contains frank and readable reminiscences,
and much about Kreisel's mathematics and his philosophy, including a
detailed reconstruction by Charles Delzell of Kreisel'w unwinding of
Artin's proof of Hilbert's 17th problem (that holds up).
  Both Kreisel's personality and his contributions are sui generis, and
this volume is a must-read for anyone who wants to know more about either.

Sol Feferman