FOM: Lempp/Friedman correspondence; where are the recursion theorists?

Stephen G Simpson simpson at math.psu.edu
Tue Aug 11 13:57:15 EDT 1998

Dear FOM subscribers,

Here is some more off-line discussion of issues and programs in
recursion theory.  (Note: This material has been slightly edited.)

So far, the participants in this discussion are myself, Steffen Lempp,
and Harvey Friedman.  I would like to draw in more participants.
Where are all the recursion theorists?  In particular, where are Bob
Soare, Richard Shore and Ted Slaman?

-- Steve

  -----