Early versions of the following software packages, developed as part of various PDSG projects, are available for download under the GNU General Public License.
· is an application-level programmable network infrastructure for augmenting client-server network paths with application-specific transformational components. These components are dynamically and automatically inserted and removed as dictated by network conditions.
· is an architecture comprising multiple, distributed "redirector" nodes, which perform admission control of client requests at the network edge to simultaneously enforce service availability guarantees for multiple web services hosted on the (optionally distributed) resources of an ASP.
· is a decentralized trust-management system suitable for expressing and querying access control constraints in dynamic coalition environments.
· is a secure communication abstraction for establishing and monitoring credentialed communication between server and client entitites in the networking. The continuous monitoring aspect distinguishes Switchboard from abstractions such as SSL/TLS.
· Partitionable Services permits seamless application adaptation to heterogeneous environments by enabling services to be flexibly assembled from multiple components, and facilitating transparent migration and replication of these components at locations closer to the client while still appearing as a single monolithic service.
o NED (NEtwork Editor) NED can be used to view .alt files generated by the GT-ITM tool. The main two features of NED are: (i) improving the way the graphs look like and (ii) allowing the user to specify link/node properties.
· J2EE-Deployment is an infrastructure for automatic dynamic deployment of J2EE applications in distributed environments. It specifically addresses the problems of (1) intercomponent connectivity specification and its effects on component configuration and deployment; and (2) application component dependencies on application server services, their configuration and deployment.