A Wavelet Tour of Signal Processing, 2nd Edition
- Wavelets have opened the door to a flow of new ideas and
algorithms that have invaded most traditional fortresses of
signal processing. This book travels along the bridges between
applications, algorithms and theorems, with an emphasis on
intuitive explanations. It is organized as a textbook for
electrical engineering and applied mathematical classes, with
exercices of various levels.
- All algorithms and figures are implemented in wavelet signal
processing toolboxes that are freely available on the Internet, to
let readers and students make their own numerical experiments. WaveLab is a Matlab toolbox
elaborated at Standord University. Lastwave
is a toolbox with subroutines written in C, with a friendly shell and
display environment, elaborated at Ecole Polytechnique.
New to the Second Edition
- Optical flow calculation and video compression algorithms
- Image models with bounded variation functions
- Bayes and Minimax theories for signal estimation
- 200 pages rewritten and most illustrations redrawn
- More problems and topics for a graduate course in wavelet
signal processing, in engineering and applied mathematics
See For Yourself
How to Order a Copy?
Specify in the Order :
- A Wavelet Tour of Signal Processing, by Stéphane Mallat
- ISBN : 0-12-466606-X
- Academic Press, 1999
- Suggested retail price : $59.95
Transparencies for Oral Presentations
- Postscript files of all
figures and images can be retrieved to print them on transparencies.
Last modified: Thu Oct 14 19:40:06 CEST 1999