Java Applets: V22.0002
(Deena Engel's class)
Note: This material is NOT required for the course! However,
I have posted it here for those of you who are interested and wish to pursue
Creating a Java Applet in NetBeans:
- File / New / Java Classes / Applet
- Select your directory and Name your Applet
- You can now edit the code. Be sure to leave the init method
unchanged even though it is empty. Also, you do not need to edit the HTML
file. Add your code to the paint method.
- Use build or F11 to compile your code.
- Use execute or F6 to view the applet within the NetBeans Applet
To run your program in a browser:
- Open the browser
- Use File / Open File and select the "htm"
file within the folder of your workspace
Send email to Deena with questions