V22.0004 Computers in Principle and Practice
New York University: Summer 2003
Due: Thursday, July 31st
1) You already have several web pages from previous assignments, including
index.html. In this assignment, you will create a complete web site
- 1) has as its root (home page) your index.html file. If this is
true, you should still have a links on that index.html file
to assign3b.html, assign4b.html and assign5.html.
- or -
- 2) has as its root assign6.html. If
this is true, you should have links on your index.html file to assign3b.html,
assign4b.html, assign5.html and the new assign6.html.
2) Use an HTML authoring tool (DreamWeaver) to
create a new website, and at least six pages
that make up a complete site upon a unifying topic.
- Make a web site that someone might want to read. Make certain your site
has interesting information in it; that it is well organized and easy to navigate;
and that it is artistically pleasing.
- It should all be based around a single subject - one of your choosing! Remember,
you are publishing not only for this class, but for the whole world to see!
3) From the technical standpoint, here are required elements
that your web page should contain:
- Links to other web pages that you have created and put on the i5 machine
- Links to other web pages on the internet (absolute links).
- A background, or background color.
- Some gifs. Some of which can be clip art, and at least one you create yourself.
- A mailto: link, so people can send you email.
- Another animated gif file which reflects your topic (created
in Adobe ImageReady)
- An image map
- Frames ( one framesets of at least two frames)
- Anchors, and links to anchors
- Flash buttons
- A hit counter (Note that it is not possible to put "cgi" scripts
on the "pages" server directly, but ITS does provide some means
for you to do so!) .
- Click here
to view counter test page!
- Copy exactly one of the following counter tags to get the counter to showup
on your website. You need to replace "sao1"
with your netid:
or, use this one to get a different image of counter. You
need to replace "sao1" with your netid::
Try to use the Web Authoring Tool as much as possible, without
editing the HTML source directly (except when you need to adjust
4) Upload assign6.html, all the HTML files and images associated with assignment
6 to your server directory "public_html". Make sure to test it in
an Internet browser to make sure all the images and links are working fine.
5) Update your index.html page and include a link from index.html to your assign6.html
file so that we can find your assignment.
6) Finally, email the grading account for your section to tell us that your
page is ready for grading. The subject of your message should be "Assignment
6 " and the body should include both your name and the HTML address in
For your convenience, here is the grader's email address: