Due: Due Monday/Tuesday, July 21st/22nd
Using Microsoft PowerPoint:
- First slide: Will focus on the "purpose of the website." You should use text that is at more than one level, preferably three levels (lists).
- Other slides could contain information such as the following:
- Use one slide to construct a flowchart for the entire website. The flowchart will serve as a site map for your website. Each item on the flowchart should represent one webpage indicating its title and design colors. You chould include how web pages will be linked to one another.
- Use a slide to discuss the "audience" that the website is targeting. This item is important to decide what type of design you will employ in your website: "conservative" if its targeting "educational" or "business" community. If you are targeting the art community then it can be flashy and colorful.
- Outline the design elements in your project. What are the color choices for the website? Are you planing to build a conservative website or a flashy one using many colors, images and so on?
- Indicate technical elements you would like to incorporate in your website: image maps, rollovers, frames, tables and so on IF you are familiar with these terms.
You will find these elements listed above extremely important in planning and constructing your website since it helps you to focus on information architecture and webdesign, the two concepts that are crucial to building powerful websites.
- Your presentation must include a background design of your own which must appear on each slide (it does not have to be the entire background, it can just be an image that appears on each slide).
- Your presentation must include at least one graphic on one slide in addition to the one that appears on all slides.
- At least one slide must have a different layout than the others (but the same background and your image must appear).
- You may excerpt text and/or images from the newsletter as part of your "advertisement" if you are using the same theme in your newsletter as in your website.
Be as creative as you wish to create a flashy and colorful presentation in order to promote/market your website.
You must turn in:
1) Save the Powerpoint presentation as an html document (Choose "save as web page" from the file menu in Powerpoint.) and call it assign4.html. Please note that Powerpoint will create an HTML file called assign4.htm and a folder with many files in it entitled assign4_files. Do not try to rename the file or folder and do not move the files arround because it is important that the relative locations of the files remain the same so they will appear properly on your website after uploading.
2) Then use Fetch to load up the files. Here is how you can load up all of the files in just two steps: one for the calling file assign4.html and one step for the folder containing the presentation called assign4:
- Open Fetch the way you usually do into your public_html folder .
- Use PUT to copy the assign4.htm file
- Now you are ready to upload the rest of the files. Use the Remote menu and Put Folders and Files to copy the rest of the files.