V22.0004 Computers in Principle and Practice
New York University: Summer 2002
Due: Friday, June 21st
You already have several web pages from previous assignments,
including index.html. In this assignment, you will create
a complete web site that either:
- 1) has as its root (home page) your index.html file. If this is
true, you should still have a links on that index.html file
to both assign4b.html and assign5.html.
- or -
- 2) has as its root assign6.html. If this is true, you should have
links on your index.html file to assign4b.html,assign5.html
and the new assign6.html.
Use an HTML authoring tool (probably DreamWeaver) to create a new website,
and at least six pages that make up a complete site upon a unifying topic.
Make a web site that someone might want to read. Make certain your site has
interesting information in it; that it is well organized and easy to navigate;
and that it is artistically pleasing. It should all be based around a single
subject - one of your choosing! Remember, you are publishing not only for this
class, but for the whole world to see!
From the technical standpoint, here are some elements that
your web page should contain:
- Links to other web pages that you have created and put on the i5 machine.
- Links to other web pages on the internet.
- A background, or background color.
- Some gifs. Some of which can be clip art, and at least one
you create yourself.
- A mailto: link, so people can send you email.
- Another animated gif filewhich reflects your topic (created
in Adobe ImageReady)
Optional elements that you might want to use include:
- An image map
- Frames (some people don't like Frames, but if you do and
can figure out how to create them, go ahead and make an example)
- Anchors, and links to anchors
- A hit counter (Note that it is not possible to put "cgi" scripts
on the "pages" server directly, but ITS does provide some means
for you to do so!)
Try to use the Web Authoring Tool as much as possible, without
editing the HTML source directly (except when you need to adjust
Email the grading account to tell us that your page is ready for grading. The
subject of your message should be "Assignment 6" and the body should
include both your name and the HTML address of the form
Email the grading account is: