A22.0004 Computers in Principle and Practice
New York University: Fall 1998
Due: Wednesday, November 25th (All Sections)
You already have several web pages from previous assignments,
including index.html. In this assignment, you will create
a complete web site that either:
- 1) has as its root (home page) your index.html file.
If this is true, you should still have a links on that index.html
file to both assign4.html and assign5.html.
- or -
- 2) has as its root assign6.html. If this is true,
you should have links on your index.html file to assign4.html,assign5.html
and the new assign6.html.
Use an HTML authoring tool (probably PageMill) to create a
new website, and at least five pages that make up a complete
site upon a unifying topic.
Make a web site that someone might want to read. Make certain
your site has interesting information in it; that it is well organized
and easy to navigate; and that it is artistically pleasing. Remember,
you are publishing not only for this class, but for the whole
world to see!
From the technical standpoint, here are some elements that
your web page should contain:
- Links to other web pages that you have created and put on
the IS machine.
- Links to other web pages on the internet.
- A background, or background color.
- Some gifs. Some of which can be clip art, and at least one
you create yourself.
- A mailto: link, so people can send you email.
- An animated gif file (created with GifBuilder on the Mac,
or Gif Construction Set on Windows)
Optional elements that you might want to use include:
- An image map
- Frames (some people don't like Frames, but if you do and
can figure out how to create them, go ahead and make an example)
- Anchors, and links to anchors
- A hit counter (Note that it is not possible to put "cgi"
scripts on the pages server!)
Try to use the Web Authoring Tool as much as possible, without
editing the HTML source directly (except when you need to adjust
Email the grading account for your section to
tell us that your page is ready for grading. The subject of your
message should be "Assignment 6" and the body should
include both your name and the HTML address of the form
For your convenience, here are the email addresses for the