Instructor: Aurojit Panda
Office Hours: Thursday 5-6pm @ 60 Fifth Ave, Room 405 or by appointment
Class Meeting: Wednesday 7-9pm @ 101 Warren Weaver Hall
Administrivia: Course Policies
Comments & Complaints: Fill this form
Note This is likely to change.
Each week (other than the first one), please read all the papers and send a summary to email@example.com with the subject “DistSystems: [Class Date] [Your Name]” by noon on the day of the class. Your e-mail should have a separate section for each paper. For each paper your summary should include the following information:
- What problem does the paper address?
- What assumptions does the paper make?
- A sketch of the solution proposed by the paper?
- How might you extend the paper? For example what assumptions would you want to weaken, what additional problems might you consider, etc.
- Anything you had trouble understanding in the paper?
For each of the first four points please include justifications. You can safely skip summaries for up to 6 papers. How you distribute this across classes is up to you. If you need to skip any more please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a reasonable excuse.