CSCI-UA.0004 - Intro to Web Design & Computer Principles -
Assignment # 7 - Dreamweaver (30 points)
Nathan Hull - Due: Wednesday, November 27th
1) In this assignment, you will create a complete web site. Since you already
have a file named index.html, you will replace it with this assignment. From your new index.html (which
is really this assignment) you should also link to your assignment page (assignments.html)
that links to your other assignments. (You
should thus have links on your index.html file to assignments.html which
in turn links to assignments 4 and 5, the Photoshop file from assignment 1, the PDF file from assignment 2 and all forthcoming assignments.)
Contents of your site:
2) Use our HTML authoring tool ( DreamWeaver ) to
create a new web site, of at least eight pages
that make up a complete site upon a unifying topic.
Make a web site that people will want to visit and read. Make certain your
site has interesting information in it; that it is well organized and easy
to navigate; and that it is artistically pleasing.
It should all be based around a single subject - one of your choosing! Remember,
you are publishing not only for this class, but for the whole world to see!
3) From the technical standpoint, here are required elements
- An external style sheet for use with this site. The style sheet should contain at least two original named styles.
- Links to other web pages that you have created and put on the i6 machine
- Links to other web pages on the internet (external / absolute links).
- A background image or background color on every page.
- Images: These may be from various sources such as clip art, and at least
one you create yourself.
- Another animated gif file which reflects your topic (created
- At least one list
- At least one table
- An image map (which is a separate graphic from the original graphic listed above)
- Anchors and links to anchors
- At least two meta-tags which have you defined
- A favicon
Try to use the Web Authoring Tool as much as possible.
- Upload your new index.html , all the HTML files
and images associated with this assignment to your server directory "public_html".
Remember to test the final i6 version in an Internet browser to make sure all of the images
and links are working properly.
- What to turn in: Submit the URL for your assignment in the form of http://i6.cims.nyu.edu/~netid/ on "NYU Classes".