You have gone into business selling your newsletter. For the first 26 weeks, here are the weekly figures for the expenses in producing the newsletter and the number of newsletters that you have sold.
Using Microsoft Excel:
Make a spreadsheet whose values look like this.
You can change the formatting to your pleasing, but try to make the spreadsheet look nice.
HOWEVER, and this is the important thing, all of the cells in the Profit column, the accumulated profit column, and the profit column in British currency should have formulas, and not numerical entries. Further, you should use functions from the function wizard for the Total Profit, Maximum Profit, and Maximum Loss values.
Pay close attention to relative and absolute addresses as you copy your formulas.
Note that you sold your newsletter at $1 per copy through the 12th week, but then raised the price to $1.25. Also, note that your profit per week is the number of copies that you sold, times the price per copy, minus your expenses that week. The accumulated profit is the accumulated profit from the week before plus the profit (or loss) of the current week. The value in British currency is the US dollar value divided by the conversion rate to the British Pound sterling.
2. Prepare a chart showing the growth of your enterprise that looks something like this. The chart may be on a separate web page if you prefer (but be sure to properly label and link it from the "assign8.html" page so that we can find it.)
3. Publish two pages as follows: one with the data visible and chart and one with the formulas showing.
First, publish your page showing the values. The chart can be included in this file or you can publish it as a webpage on its own. Call the web page "assign8.html" and put a link to it on your "index.html" page.
- Then, publish it again showing the formulas. This can be done as follows: Under "Tools," "Options," (or "Preferences" ) with the "View" tab, click on "Formulas" under the "Window Options" so that when you publish the sheet the formulas will be displayed and not the values.
4. Finally, email the grading account for your section to tell us that assignment 8 is ready for grading. The subject of your message should be "Assignment 8" and the body should include both your name and the HTML address in the form:http://I5.nyu.edu/~netid/
For your convenience, here are the email addresses for assignment submission for the various sections:
- firstname.lastname@example.org if your last name starts with A-J and you are in Deena Engel's class
- email@example.com if your last name starts with K-Z and you are in Deena Engel's class
- firstname.lastname@example.org Section 3: Sana' Odeh's class
- email@example.com Section 4: Nathan Hull's class
- firstname.lastname@example.org Section 5: Nathan Hull's class