V22.0201 - Machine Organization I
Phone: (212) 998-3498
Phone: (212) 998-3152
The C Programming Language by Brian W. Kernighan
Dennis M. Ritchie
Prentice Hall (available at the NYU bookstore)
Homework: There will be approximately
4 small homework assignments plus a large, semester project. This semester project
will involve writing a complete video game. The design of this project must
be approved by the teacher. The small homework assignments will each be worth
5% of the final grade, and the semester project will count for 30%. Extra credit
is possible on the final project.
Tests: There will be one Quiz early in the semester, worth 5% of the grade, A Midterm worth 20%, a Department Final Exam worth 30%.
2. Bases and Conversions
3. Binary Representations
4. Memory Model & Simple Assembler Programs
5. Simple Assembler Programs cont.
6. More Assembler Programs & QUIZ (actual date TBA)
8. Jump instructions
9. Index Registers
10. Logical and Shift Instructions
11. Logical and Shift Instructions cont.
13. MIDTERM (date TBA)
14. Stack and Subroutines
15. Parameter Passing
16. Segmentation and Advanced Memory Models
17. C Language
18. C pointers and arrays
19. Simple BIOS INT services
20. Simple BIOS INT services cont.
21. GAME program and Joystick routines
22. Mouse Interrupt
23. Sound Routines
24. Multiplication and Division
25. Machine Language
26. C Compiler Generated Code
27. Review for Final Examination