Due Wednesday, September 10, 2003 before class
For those who won't have their accounts created in time,
it's OK to turn in the assignment late after your account
is available. Just make sure you've sent off your request to csgrad.
Read Chapters 1 and 2, of UNIX For Programmers and Users.
If you don't have the book yet, you can see another class's NYU UNIX Tutorial.
To logon remotely, you must ssh to sparky.cs.nyu.edu. You can get ssh.com's Win32 ssh client here. See these instructions for setting up other ssh clients.
Log into the department server and feel free to experiment with some UNIX commands.
On the CS department UNIX machine, run the following command:
(just type that verbatim; no need to submit output, we can tell if you ran it).
- Your name
- NYU Computer Science email address (@cs.nyu.edu)
- External email address (if different)
- Other contact information.
Your cell and/or home phone would be very useful but is not
- Enrollment info: What department are you in? Are you enrolled or auditing? How long have you been at NYU?
- Programming experience (known languages, years experience)
- UNIX experience (if any)
- Anything you would like to get out of this class, and any
specific topics you would like to see covered (optional)
- The URL of your favorite web site
- Something entertaining for the grader (optional)
Submit this file using the submission system.