Feel free to send me contributions.
Here are fun links from my students in my data structures and algorithms courses:
- Computer Science Joke from Philippe Juncker... OK, Java Programmers, the joke is on you.
- Math Joke
- Heaps and Trees (joke) from xkcd from Shohan Hasan
- Sorting as Folk Dancing from Mariya Nedelcheva Miteva (Fall2011).
- B-tree animation and 234-tree animation from JinYoung Heo (Fall2011). Warning: these B-trees are NOT exogenous.
- AVL tree animation (JinYoung)
Many students ask about how to answer job interview questions that involve algorithms. Here is one book that some of our students (interviewing for finance jobs) found useful:
Although many of the questions relate to finance, there is a substantial knowledge base required in algorithms.