Feel free to send me contributions.
Here are fun links from my students in my data structures and algorithms courses:
- Computer Science Joke from Philippe Juncker... OK, Java Programmers, the joke is on you.
- Math Joke
- Heaps and Trees (joke) from xkcd from Shohan Hasan
- Sorting as Folk Dancing from Mariya Nedelcheva Miteva (Fall2011).
- B-tree animation and 234-tree animation from JinYoung Heo (Fall2011). Warning: these B-trees are NOT exogenous.
- AVL tree animation (JinYoung)
- Fibonacci Numbers
Many students ask about how to answer job interview questions that involve algorithms. Here is one book that some of our students (interviewing for finance jobs) found useful:
Although many of the questions relate to finance, there is a substantial knowledge base required in algorithms.