Reverse Chronological Order:
- Dec 14, 2011: FINAL EXAM INFO, Extra Office Hours last week
The final exam is on Tuesday Dec 20, in the regular classroom and regular hours.
Please prepare 2 sheets of 8"x11" notes.
- Dec 14, Wed: 2 - 3 (TA) 3 - 4 (Prof)
- Dec 15, Thu: 3 - 4 (TA) 4 - 5 (Prof)
- Dec 16, Fri: 3 - 4 (Prof) 5 - 6 (TA)
- Dec 19, Mon: 2 - 3 (TA) 4 - 5 (Prof)
- Nov 10, 2011: Office hour on Thursday Nov 17 moves up by 1/2 hour
It will be from 2:30 to 3:30, instead of 3:00 to 4:00.
- Oct 20, 2011: Midterm Grades
The grades for your midterm has been posted on the NYU Blackboard. I will shortly make up a tentative grade for your overall performance, based on midterm and hw1-3.
Note that NYU's rules for exams are that we have to keep the exam answers for up to 5 years. Hence, during recitation today, the TA will handout the midterm to you and allow you 10 minutes to go through it. After that he will collect it back.
-- Please verify that your points are correctly added up.
-- Make notes about any questions you may have.
I will keep the exam answer sheets in my office. You can come during office hours or make an appointment to come see them anytime, and to discuss any concerns.
- Oct 18, 2011: Midterm Solution Posted
The solution to the midterm has been posted in the hw directory. I plan to go over this in class today.
- Oct 3, 2011: Office Hours this week
A reminder that our Monday office hours are held, not in my office, but in a small classroom in Room 301(the other end of the hall from my office). I will hold it in a "classroom style".So if you prefer to
see me individually, make an appointment or use the other 2 office hours.
This coming Thursday, my office hours are cancelled because of an out-of-town trip.
- Oct 2, 2011: Changed date for midterm
NYU's "Fall Break" runs from Sat Oct 8 through Tue Oct 11.There are no classes on these days. Therefore, my originally announced midterm dateof Oct 11 is moved to Thur Oct 13. Remember that you can prepare one 8"x11" sheet ofnotes for this closed-book exam.
- Sep 27, 2011: NYU Blackboard is being set up for your grades
By Thursday, you should be able to look up your grades for hw1 and hw2 on NYU Blackboard. The system is not easy to use, and so it needs some getting used to. Click on the NYU Blackboard menu item on the left-hand side of this webpage for info.
- Sep 26, 2011: Lecture III is out
Please pick up lecture 3 on Search Trees. We will split tomorrow's lecture between recurrences and search trees.
- Sep 23, 2011: Reminder: old homework and solutions available in subdirectory
Some of you are unaware that there is a subdirectory in our homework page containing homework problems and solutions from last semester. Also sample midterms. Please use this to practice.
- Sep 14, 2011: Monday's office hours will be held in bigger room
Please come to room 312, at the other end of the hallway from my office.
- Sep 12, 2011: Extra Office Hours
Note that I have now posted an extra office hour. Besides Monday 4-5 and Tuesday 3-4, we also have Thursday 3-4. PLEASE, do not try to make an appointment for these office hours! I will not respond to emails trying to do this.
- July 8, 2011: Welcome to my Class!
The course number is CSCI-GA.1170.XXX where XXX=001,002 are the section numbers.
You should be registered for section 001 (main section) as well as section 002 (recitation section).
The recitation section is mandatory.
- If you are registered for my course, there are two things you can do right away:
(1) Bookmark this page -- it is your portal to the class. Here is the link:
- (2) Please feel free to introduce yourself to me by sending me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with zero or more lines to describe your interest and what you hope to get out of this course. I will be sure to respond to you.