Midterm and Final Exam information will be published here.
Midterm on Thursday October 23 (in class)
Click an item to expand:
- 0. Sample midterm exam.
- Here is an exam from fall 2010:
WARNING: the topics in this sample or any past exams are unlikely to coincide with the present course. But it gives an idea of the style of my exams.
- 1. Closed book exam.
- No calculators or electronic devices.
- 2. Prepare a Cheat Sheet, any 8"x11" sheet of notes
- You can type or print, using as big or as small a font as you like.
You may use both sides, and bring magnifying glasses to read it.
The best part is that you can reuse it for the final exam, because you are allowed two such Cheat Sheets for the final!
- 3. We recommend studying the posted homework solutions
- including solution programs and quizzes.
- 4. All material up taught up to, and including, October 21st, will be required
- Book material covers Chaps. 1 to 6.
- 5. You must be able to write basic Java code
- Watch your syntax -- we want "compilable" code.
Information hiding is not important -- we are happy with poor man's code if the logic is good.
Basic loops (while, for) and recursion.
- 6. Extra Office Hours On Week of Oct 20
- Chee will have 2 extra sessions:
Monday 4:30-5:30 (continues my usual office hours)
Huan will have an extra session:
- 7. Format of the midterm
- : Like our sample exam, first two questions will have multiple parts, and require short answers.
Then follows 3 "regular questions". You must answer ALL questions.
Most important -- time and pace yourself so that you get to all the questions.
- 8+ Watch this space!
- We will add more up to date information this week.