Please check here regularly for announcements (especially if you missed class).
Click an item to expand.
In Reverse Chronological Order:
- Sat Dec 15, Open book final exam, but no laptops or phones
- Unlike the midterm, we will not allow any communication devices for the final exam. So please prepare accordingly.
- Fri Dec 14, New Room for Final Exam on Dec 18
- Note that the room has been moved to WWH 317 from our regular classroom.
The time is from 3:30 to 7:30.
- Tue Oct 2, Fall Break Oct 15-16
- There is no class on Oct 16 because of NYU's Fall Break (Oct 15 and 16).
- Tue Oct 2, Midterm Reminder
- Recall that we had announced a midterm for Oct 11 in the INFO page. To prepare for this, be sure to study our solutions for homeworks. The exam is open book.
- Thu Sep 20, Policy for credit on reporting errors in lecture notes
- I had announced awarding one point for first report of any error of ANY kind in the lecture notes (more points for significant errors). Now how should I incorporate that into your course grade? You noticed (see Course Info) that 5\% of the course grade is for class participation, etc. Well, at the end of semester I will convert these points into this 5\%.
- Fri Sep 7, Improved DIC
- I mentioned this in class yesterday. Define the Default Initial Condition (DIC) this way: there exists C>=0, n_1 >=0 such that the recurrence holds for T(n) holds for n>n_1 and for all n<=n_1, T(n) is assigned arbitrary values <= C. This is a slight variation of the lecture notes, meant to prevent unbounded values of T(n) when n<=n_1.
- Wed Sep 5, Wiki's Toggle Feature fixed
- This announcement page is a main user of this toggling feature! Basically, I had to upgrade my pmWiki.
- Tue Sep 4, First Class
- Please note that webpage has been slightly re-organized (simplified). Note that the classroom is WWH 412, not WWH 312.
- Wed Jul 18, Work in Progress
- This class page is work in progress. Feel free to send me an email if you have questions about this course.