Basic Algorithms Class
- Remember that you can bring to the final exam
two 8x11 sheets (=4 sides) of notes.
If you like, one sheet is from your Midterm.
- In addition, you can bring a xerox copy of
appendix A (Java notes).
- Last Class is Monday Dec 14. It is a review session,
so bring your questions!
- Final exam
time and place
is found under the "Course information" in class page.
- Homework 6, ungraded, is available in homework directory.
- FINAL EXAM READING LIST:
- Everything from the
midterm. Emphasis is on the material after
- Chapter 6, skip 6.4.
- Chapter 7, skip 7.6.2 (universal hashing).
- Chapter 8, to the extent covered in tutorial class.
- Chapter 9, skip 9.4.5 (garbage collection).
- The questions covered in (ungraded) homework 6 is
useful in preparing for the final.
- Some "must-know" general topics:
proof by induction,
proof by contradiction.
Dec 9, 1998.