- Software: We will use Python software (Version 2.7.3) in this class. Python software is free and available for all operating systems such as windows and macs.
- Download: We will use Python 2.7.3 (the latest version) from this page: http://python.org/download/.
- The Python software includes the Integrated Development Kit (IDE) called IDLE. IDLE is easy-to-use and is available for different operating systems.
- Please note that IDLE is bundled with python software (no need for a separate installation).
- To use, write, edit and debug programs in python:
- After you install the python software, click on the IDEL application :
- From the file menu, choose "new window" and save program with programname.py extension
- To execute/run your program press F5 key and then you will be able to see the result.
- If you get syntax errors, then you have to go back and fix these errors(bugs) before you can see any result.
Python Useful Resources:
Safari Online - (free access to books online for NYU students)