Introduction to Computer Programming (UA-0002.002)
Fall 2013 -- Section 2: Python
Professor: Andrew Case
No outside materials are allowed on the exam. You will be provided with some Python documentation (subject to updates) for use during the exam.
Midterm2 sample questions to get an idea of the test format and some sample problems.
- Key Design concepts - Key Components - Modules - Importing
- For Loops + when to use which type + iterating - using range - using a list of numbers - While Loop + when to use + conditional statement + iterating - Break - Continue - Nested Loops
- Setup/configuring turtle - Moving the turtle - Drawing - Polygons/lines
- Indexing - Slicing - Built-in Functions
- Sequences - Creating, storing, and modifying data in: + Lists + Tuples + Sets + Dicts - Functions associated with each data type - Which data structures to use - Nested data structures