Credit for Internships
Qualified students may be eligible to receive credit for internship
work through an Independent Study course (CSCI-UA.0997/CSCI-UA.0998), which
may be taken for two or four credits per semester. The following
conditions must be satisfied.
The student must:
- Be a Computer Science, Computer Science/Math, or Economics/Computer Science major
- Have a major GPA of at least 3.5
- Participate in an internship with a substantially technical component
If you would like to receive credit for an internship that you are
currently involved in and you meet the above qualifications, send
an email to the Undergraduate Program Administrator.
Once approved, you will receive an access code for
the Independent Study for the given semester so that you can register
for the course. You will then be assigned
a faculty sponsor to whom you must submit the following items:
- A brief written proposal at the beginning of the semester,
describing the nature of the internship.
- A detailed written description at the end of the semester of the
tasks that you performed and the new languages, systems, techniques,
etc., that you learned.
- A presentation at the end of the semester, showing (to the extent possible) programs, web sites,
etc., that you created.
- A written evaluation from your supervisor.
Note: You will receive a grade for the Independent Study. The Independent
Study will not fulfill any requirements in the computer science major.
| contact firstname.lastname@example.org