[SMT-COMP] StarExec questions

Tjark Weber tjark.weber at it.uu.se
Tue May 30 07:59:29 EDT 2017

Dan,

On Tue, 2017-05-30 at 12:04 +0100, Delcypher wrote:
> First rime StarExec user here. I have a few questions
>
> # What distro is being used?
>
> The VM provides at [1] looks like RHEL7 but the docs [2] says RHEL6 is
> several places.

I believe the machine specifications at
http://smtcomp.sourceforge.net/2017/specs.shtml are correct. The
StarExec documentation likely just hasn't been updated yet.

> # Where will my solver's `bin/` folder be placed during execution?

Your solver will be copied to and run from a temporary folder. You
probably shouldn't rely on that folder's name or location.

If still in doubt, you could ask on the StarExec forums at
http://starexec.lefora.com/

You can also obtain additional data about the StarExec environment by
uploading and running a modified version of your solver that queries
and outputs the information that you are interested in.

In any case, I would strongly encourage you to exercise your solver on
a few benchmarks on StarExec to ensure that it runs successfully.

Best,
Tjark