[SMTCOMP] About the QF_IDL "n-queens" problms

Roberto Sebastiani rseba at dit.unitn.it
Mon Jul 10 11:08:49 EDT 2006

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, Leonardo de Moura wrote:

> Hi Roberto,
>
>> Well, 4 problems are well enough to reshape the whole result,
>> in particular on QF_IDL. E.g., last year:
>
> This is a good point.
>
> BTW, in my previous email, I forgot to mention we are considering
> 100 benchmarks per division in the our simulations. So, it is
> 4 queens benchmarks out of 100.

if 10% of randomly selected problems are crafted, and most of them
are n-queens, we may have up of 10 such problems.

Roberto

PS: when you say that 85% of problems are industrial, 10% crafted and
5% random, you mean:
a) that exactly 85%, 10%, 5% of the picked problems will be industrial,
    crafted,  random respectively
b) that each problem will be picked among industrial, crafted and
    random with probability .85, .1, and .05 respectively
I understand option a), right?

--
Prof. ROBERTO SEBASTIANI
Dip. Informatica e Telecomunicazioni