[SMTCOMP] Sudoku based instances

Hyondeuk.Kim@colorado.edu Hyondeuk.Kim at colorado.edu
Sun Apr 30 00:36:43 EDT 2006

I believe there are a lot of disequality constraints in Sudoku problem. It is
interesting to check how SMT solver deals with instances that are rich in
disequalities. It is true that Sudoku problem can be encoded as a big
conjunction. In fact, all difference logic problem can be encoded as a Boolean
formula using finite instantiation. I think Sudoku problem is a good starting
example to check how the solver deals with a lot of disequalities. There can be
more interesting benchmark with more complex boolean structure rich in
disequalities, for example, scheduling problem.

Thanks,

Hyondeuk