[FOM] logical complexity of Schanuel's Conjecture

Dave Marker marker at math.uic.edu
Sat Oct 24 09:44:40 EDT 2015

Lou van den Dries has noticed that Macintyre's result can be strengthened
so that
if there is a counterexample to Schanuel's conjecture there is a primitive
recursive
counterexample.

Using this you can eliminate the use of the Low Basis Theorem in the
argument I posted
yesterday and just use a recursive enumeration of the primitive recursive
complex numbers.

Dave

David Marker
LAS Distinguished Professor
Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
University of Illinois at Chicago