[FOM] Reducibility and relative consistency

Panu Raatikainen panu.raatikainen at helsinki.fi
Sat Dec 25 03:13:18 EST 2010

Dear John,

In your brilliant book Fixing Frege, you mention brifly (p. 53)
Friedman's (still?) unpublished result about the relation of
reducibility and relative consistency, "under mild hypotheses".

I wonder if it would be possible for you to state the result more exactly?
Or given some more specific pointers to the literature?

I am anxious to get this exactly right...

All the Best

Panu

--
Panu Raatikainen

Ph.D., Docent in Theoretical Philosophy

Department of Philosophy, History, Culture and Art Studies
P.O. Box 24  (Unioninkatu 38 A)
FIN-00014 University of Helsinki
Finland

E-mail: panu.raatikainen at helsinki.fi