[FOM] Out-of-print books

Roger Bishop Jones rbj at rbjones.com
Sat Aug 2 08:03:39 EDT 2008

On Thursday 31 July 2008 22:02:20 Timothy Y. Chow wrote:

> Since f.o.m. is unfashionable even among mathematicians, books in f.o.m.
> seem particularly vulnerable to going out of print.  So I encourage FOMers
> to post suggestions and use this site as a focal point for lobbying for
> specific titles of interest.

FOM book authors who wish to avoid having their books go out of print could
consider publishing through the amazon "print on demand" publishing service.
This service is economically independent of the volume of sales, since books
are printed and shipped automatically, one at a time, when they are ordered.

It also means that the cost of the book is not affected by the small
readership and people will be able to afford to buy it (unless the author
wants to price it high).

 Roger Jones