[FOM] regular expressions

Marcin Mostowski m.mostowski at uw.edu.pl
Tue Oct 30 21:41:04 EDT 2007

For both questions the answer is YES. Of course if a relation is decidable
then there is a formal system for proving it.

Decidability of equivalence of two regular languages (as given by any
recursively equivalent representation, e.g. finite automata, regular
expressions) can be obtained by easy argument: compute syntactical automata
for these two languages and compare them, if they are the same then the
languages are equal, otherwise they are different.