[FOM] Dual of Dedekind-infiniteness.

Vaughan Pratt pratt at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Oct 8 14:46:38 EDT 2007

I don't know much about forcing, certainly not enough to know how
fine-grained it can be.  So what goes wrong when you try to force choice
to hold for all families A_i whose elements, over all A_i, can be put in
bijection with the indices, which is enough to show D* --> D, and then
try to force choice to fail on some family where every A_i is bigger
than 2^I say.  This would show that D* --> D is weaker than choice.

Vaughan Pratt