[FOM] The defence of well-founded set theory

Roger Bishop Jones rbj01 at rbjones.com
Tue Sep 27 04:10:06 EDT 2005

Having read Nik Weaver's attempt to motivate predicativism by a
critique of set theory, I find myself inclined to attempt some
writing on this topic (I am myself inclined to be skeptical
about the strength of arguments against set theory).

Not being of a scholarly nature, it is my inclination to do
this by rereading the section on set theory in
Boolos's "Logic, Logic and Logic" and then proceed to an analysis
without further reading.

I would be interested to know from anyone willing to share the
information, which work, for or against set theory, they would
consider my most serious omission were I to proceed in this way.

Roger Jones