FOM: Intuition, Logic, and Induction.

Charles Silver csilver at sophia.smith.edu
Tue Mar 9 10:18:18 EST 1999

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Paul Prueitt wrote:

> Charles has requested something that has become quite in vogue.  He
> asked that some thing quite extraordinary and having some intrinsic
> complex be fully and completely explained in a few words.  Moreover, in
> asking the question rhetorically there is also a seed of doubt sowed in
> an intentional ridicule.  The reply then must address the ridicule even
> before turning to the matter at hand.

	I intended absolutely no ridicule or even criticism.  I simply did
not understand Alexander Zenkin's EA Theorem. I had noticed in his reply
to me that he also thought I intended some implicit criticism.  Absolutely
none was intended.  I still do not understand his points, which you
suggest are complex and not amenable to the simple kind of answer that I
requested.  Therefore, I withdraw my request.

Charlie Silver