FOM: social construction?

Randall Holmes holmes at catseye.idbsu.edu
Thu Mar 19 13:54:15 EST 1998

Martin Davis quite correctly observed that I said that it is
"difficult" (not "impossible") to see how mathematical discourse
can refer on a materialist view.  I do see ways that this might
be made to work (though my working views are not materialist).  Other
postings that I have written should make it clear that I am well
aware of the problem of choosing the TRUE number 7 (though I think
the set of all sets with seven elements is an excellent candidate, being
an NF(U)-iste and able to contemplate this set).

					--Randall Holmes