FOM: Re:categorical foundations -- an oxymoron

Colin McLarty cxm7 at po.cwru.edu
Fri Jan 23 14:41:04 EST 1998

Steve Simpson wrote:

>In his posting of 23 Jan 1998 11:15:24, Colin McLarty writes:
>
> > Categorical foundations suggest a wider range of topics. (Simpson
> > and I agree on this fact, but he feels it invalidates the claim to
> > foundationality).
>
>McLarty is grossly misrepresenting my position.

Earlier I said that categorical foundations aimed at a wide range of variants.
You replied in a post of Sun, 18 Jan 1998 14:39:24

>>There are too many wildly differing models for this to be a
>>viable educational and/or foundational option.

        So what is the misrepresentation? Of course this is not your only
objection to categorical foundations, nor could anyone believe a 15 word
parenthesis is supposed to be your whole position.

Colin