FOM: ZF-based category theory

Martin Schlottmann martin_schlottmann at math.ualberta.ca
Wed Jan 21 15:39:34 EST 1998

Kanovei wrote:
> [...]
> We can get in trouble only if they essentially
> need sometimes quantifiers over categories (say to define
> sets), which cannot be handled this way, at least directly
> --- but I do not know whether they really need this.
> [...]

In order to settle this question once and for all time
it would be nice if there would be one single axiomatic
system for the theory of categories to which every
category theorist agree and in which every construction
of categories they need can be carried out.

Any suggestions?

--
Martin Schlottmann <martin_schlottmann at math.ualberta.ca>

Department of Mathematical Sciences, CAB 583
University of Alberta, Edmonton AB T6G 2G1, Canada