FOM: What is mathematics, really?, (fwd)

Reuben Hersh rhersh at math.unm.edu
Thu Jan 15 10:28:11 EST 1998

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 08:20:19 -0700 (MST)
From: Reuben Hersh <rhersh at math.math.unm.edu>
To: simpson at math.psu.edu
Cc: owner-fom at math.math.unm.edu
Subject: Re: FOM: What is mathematics, really?, (fwd)

Professor Simpson explained his quotation from Rothstein's NY Times
misreview of my book by saying I had already referred to it in an
earlier posting.  In fact, the reference was Stephne Maurer's.  Maurer
suspected I might consider it  unfair, and asked for my reaction, which
I gave.   All this was posted before Simpson quoted Rothstein.

Reuben Hersh