CSCI-UA.0002 – Summer 2013
Python Assignment # 5 - Turtle Graphics
Due: Friday, July 26th
Use Python's Turtle Graphics module to build an original image:
- build an image using shapes and colors
- build a repeating or abstract pattern using lines and curves
- ... or a combination of both!
- Be sure to use at least one example if not more of if/elif/else ... for and while loops
- Your program must include at least three functions which you have written
- All of your work should be included within functions and
your program should open calling main()
Brief notes on using this graphics module are posted here.
Complete Turtle documentation is available here.
Your file should be named lastname_firstname_turtle.py (for example, obama_barack_turtle.py) Submit
your .py file as an attachment on Blackboard.
Notes about your program:
- Make sure your program includes a comment at the beginning with your name along with a brief synopsis of the program.
- You should use comments throughout the source code to explain key steps and calculations.
- Choose intuitive names for variables
- You should use blank lines where appropriate to make your program easy to read.
- Make sure that your program does not contain any syntax errors.
- Test your program to be sure that it runs the way that you expect.