You must complete all labs on the given virtual machine.
If you do not have a personal desktop or laptop on which to install the virtual machine,
please contact the TA. To install the virtual machine on your computer, take
the following steps.
- Step 1. Download the Virtualbox
virtual machine monitor here. Choose the right
binary to download according to the type of operating system running on your laptop.
- Step 2. Download the class virtual machine image here. This file is fairly large (900MB), so you need to be patient.
- Step 3. Install and launch Virtualbox. On the Virtualbox application toolbar, under the Menu
item "File", click on "Import appliance...", and choose the previously downloaded csospring2013.ova file
- Step 4. Leave the default settings. You do not need to change anything.
- Step 5. After importing, start the virtual machine named "CSO Spring 2013" , by pressing "START" key
and you are done. The login name and password have been given to you in class.
All assignments in this course are single-student assignments. The
work must be all your own. Do not copy any parts of any of the
assignments from anyone or from the web. Do not look at other
students' code, papers, or exams. Do not make any parts of your
assignments available to anyone, and make sure nobody can read your
Please review the departmental academic integrity policy.
These policies will be applied rigorously.
It is not considered cheating to clarify vague points in the
assignments or textbook, or to give help or receive help in using the
Linux system, compilers, debuggers, profilers, or other facilities.
- Each student will automatically receive an allowance of 5 late days for the
entire semester. We recommend you save these for late in the semester or for an emergency.
- Note that even if you have sufficient late days, any
assignment more than 3 days late will receive no credit as we will be giving
out solutions 3 days past the due date.