Lab environmentsPart of the assignments and the project
must be completed on the given virtual machine. To install the
virtual machine on your computer, take the following steps.
- Step 1. Download the Virtualbox
virtual machine monitor here. Choose the right
binary to download according to the type of operating system running on your laptop.
- Step 2. Download the class virtual machine image here. This file is fairly large (~1.5GB), so you need to be patient.
- Step 3. Install and launch Virtualbox. On the Virtualbox application toolbar, under the Menu
item "File", click on "Import appliance...", and choose the previously downloaded our-sandbox.ova file
- Step 4. Leave the default settings. You do not need to change anything.
- Step 5. After importing, start the virtual machine named "our-sandbox" , by pressing "START" key
and you are done. The login name and password have been given to you in class.